Wednesday, September 28, 2011

On a Mission

Yes, I have been on a mission and it's been for awhile now.  I have been trying to find a new lamp shade for a lamp that is getting a makeover (more on that later) and can't for the life of me find one anywhere! 
Pinterest

I can't believe these are not an easy item to find.  I have been to the big box stores.  Nothing.  I have been to the home decor stores. Nothing.  Department stores. Nothing.  It's not like I am looking for anything out of the ordinary.  I just want a simple drum shade.  
Pinterest

OK, when I say nothing I don't mean literally nothing.  Yes, they have some, but they are all the wrong shape or colour.  But it's not like I am asking for some odd, never seen before colour... I simply want a white shade.  Is that too much to ask?  Really?
Pinterest
Then I went to a lighting store.  I knew if all else failed a lighting store would have them.  Oh yeah, they had them alright.  If you wanted to leave your first born for one.

Ok back to your regularly scheduled program.  Thanks for listening.

No comments: