Thursday, February 24, 2011

Behind the Scenes

Running your own business sometimes means you have to wear many hats, juggle many balls  ...you get the idea.

One of the hats I was recently wearing was the photography hat.  I am in no way a professional photographer; however, I have always loved photography and the stories and thoughts good photos provoke.  Awhile ago, I invested in a really good camera, read as much about photography on the web, took a night course to get a bit more in site on the subject AND practice as much as I can.  For Christmas, I was lucky enough to get the speedflash I have been hinting and wanting for awhile - oh how I love it and what a difference it can make. But that's a whole other topic and blog post.

I thought I would share some of the photos I took of the shoot I did recently with a model for my new Couverture aprons I did recently.  Here's just a few of the hundred or so I did.


Being silly and channeling Madonna's Vogue

I like the movement in this one.

Let me tell you, being a photographer is no easy job.   Especially, when you don't have a crew of people, like the professionals, having stylists, lighting and general assistants helping you prep the work.  Then there is the model. That's hard work and not as glamorous as you would think.  We did have fun, though with a lot of laughs.

No comments: