Friday, June 17, 2011

Certified: True Colour Expert!!

I had the chance in the beginning of June to register and earn my True Colour Expert certification through internationally acclaimed colourist and designer Maria Killam.
It was information overload jam packed into three days. Not only did I enhance and further my knowledge about colour and the importance of designing with it correctly, I also mixed paints, talked undertones, became even more familiar with the Benjamin Moore fan decks, critiqued real life interiors and exteriors, put our knowledge to work on carpet, tile, stone and wood samples and if that wasn't enough to get our minds spinning, were given homework at the end of each day.


It was also wonderful to be in a room full of other talented decorators and designers that shared the same love of everything in the interior design field.

By the end of the three days I was no longer just looking at rooms, objects, buildings and exteriors.  I was seeing all the colours that were being used and not just the colours but the undertones of those colours and how they worked and didn't work together.  In fact, I was watching a movie on the evening of the last day of the course and could. not. for. the. life. of. me. concentrate on the movie because I was so involved at looking at the colours and undertones used in the movie.  It was like someone put me in front of a kaleidescope and all I could see was colour.  It was awesome!

So, what does this mean to you?  I am more than qualified to not only help you select colours, but to create a look, feel and a flow for your home which transitions from room to room.

If you want this feel and flow to your home, visit the website SilverLining Designs, and send me an email here

No comments: